[Digikam-users] Re: Digikam Metadata Templates, Custom XMP

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 10:07:22 GMT 2011

2011/2/6 John Bestevaar <Josephus at people.net.au>:
> Dear Sirs
> How to create, edit and write to the 'Custom ' XMP  fields in  Digikam XMP?
>
> "The standard is designed to be extensible, allowing users to add their own
> custom types of metadata into the XMP data." Quote From DAM page, Digikam
> Handbook.
>
> When i go to "image" > "metadata" > " Edit XMP "
> i Find a dialogue box named" Edit XMP Metadata - Digikam"
> This has menu items:
> Content,Origin,Credits,Subjects,Keywords,Categories,Status,Properties.
> None of these allow me to create custom XMP fields and write XMP values.

digiKam supports standardized group of XMP data, as photoshop.
Customized data are very specific and need a complex editor GUI.

> Also ,possible error in:
> Settings > Configure Digikam > Templates.
> I find a dialogue box named "Metadata Templates"
> This has 4 tabs ,Rights,Location,Contact,Subjects
> Only the "Rights" tab dialogue box will accept and RETAIN my text input.

not reproducible. make a sure to select the template to change for the
top of dialog.

Creating a new template work fine too. You can edit feild from other tab...

Same problem with custom XMP field than metadata editor.