[Digikam-users] Picture import without any picture modifications

Joerg Platte jplatte at naasa.net
Tue Aug 23 17:01:12 BST 2011

Dear list,

when importing pictures directly from the camera digikam modifies some
exif information (for example, the software tag). Is it possible to
prevent this and import the pictures without any changes?

Use case: I'm importing but not deleting pictures from the SD card (to
have a backup for some time) and when deleting the pictures I'm copying
them all via card reader to disc and use fdupes to check if I have
copied all pictures. But this works only of the piles are byte
identical. Using the duplicate finder of digikam could work as well, but
it is slow on an old computer.

Best regards,
Joerg