[Digikam-users] Words match in digiKam search

Jean-François Rabasse jean-francois.rabasse at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 29 19:42:58 BST 2011

Hello,

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011, sleepless wrote:

> Hi Jean-François,
>
> Here you find the tooltip tekst as displayed in my dk 2.1.0
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30489651/Schermafdruk-8.png

Many thanks, so I can read the whole message without having to
buy a 25000 pixels width screen :-)

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011, sleepless wrote:

> In my setup is works completely case insensitive Église and église or in
> either case both found.
> dk 2.1.0
> ubuntu 11.04
> if you want oter details about the setup ask and provide details about
> where to find the wanted info.

Very interesting. So this should show my problem is outside digiKam
comparison code.
Anyway I suspect an insane mixture of ISO encoding and Unicode.
Metadata stored in images files by digiKam (at least the ones with
keywords, xmp.dc.description and xmp.digikam.tagslist) seems to be
UTF-8 encoded. It's probably the same in the digikam.db, and my
keybord inputs are ISO Latin !

Investigation in progress... :)

Thanks for all,
Jean-François