[Digikam-users] digikam2 dependency openni-utils / SoUP PPA

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:34:00 BST 2011

You find the openni packages in my "extra" PPA where you also find
Digikam 2 built for KDE 4.6.x so you don't need to upgrade to KDE
4.7.x if you don't want to. I know that some doesn't like the other
extras you get upgraded in my "extra" PPA.

Anyway, it looks like kubsoup missed to include porting my openni
packages to his PPA as broke Digikam 2 out from my "extra" PPA.
Install it and you will not have any problems with missing openni
packages or library dependencies when you later run Digikam. Openni is
supported (and built against) in OpenCV 2.3.

/Philip