[Digikam-users] face detection scanning, but no faces come up

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:12:31 BST 2011

2011/8/9 Marcel Wiesweg <marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de>:

>> I've been playing with the new face detection on my laptop and now I
>> wanted to try the same on my desktop/server.
>> Both are running kubuntu 11.04, though with a different install history.
>> Both are using backports and Philip Johnson's ppa for digikam 2.0.0.
>>
>> On the laptop face thumbnails appear when scanning, but not on the other
>> machine. Any idea what can be wrong? I suspect some plugin or library
>> that is missing or not installed, but I don't know which one that could
>> be...
>
> With this problem, typically the Haar cascades are not installed. (here in
> /usr/share/opencv/haarcascades/). They are part of OpenCV but may be contained
> in a separate pack
age.

Marcel,

Not with current code from git, where i copied files from OpenCV to
libkface, to turn around a big problem under windows, where it's not
possible to locate haar files at run-time if digiKam is relocated at
install (in setup you can change standard install dir). 2.0.0 is fixed
like this, not RC.

With this solution, also, haar files must be always found...

Look here for details :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/libs/libkface/repository/revisions/9e3fafe7b6db043435a4e3fae1ee54b401765bd0