[Digikam-users] geotagging menu entry vanished

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Wed Aug 3 07:20:42 BST 2011

Hi Andreas,

On 08/01/2011 12:47 AM, Andreas T. Ege wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using digikam 2.0.0-natty~ppa1 with kde 4.6.2 under kubuntu natty.
>
> The problem I have is, that the menu entry Image -->  Geo-location has
> vanished.
> Can't find it anywhere else either, so I'm wondering, has it moved and I
> just can't find it, or is this a bug to report?
> Images already with a geo-tag are still shown on the map, but I just
> can't edit any geo-tags without the menu entry. Haven't tried to set a
> hot key, though, if that's possible.

I don't know who created the digikam 2.0.0-natty~ppa1 package, but I
assume that for the compilation of kipi-plugins, libkgeomap was not
installed, and thus the geolocation plugin was not compiled. For
kipi-plugins, libkgeomap is an optional dependency, and geolocation will
not be compiled if it is unavailable.

If you do

apt-cache depends kipi-plugins

you should see whether your kipi-plugins package depends on libkgeomap.
If it doesn't, then probably it was compiled without geolocation support.

Michael