[Digikam-users] slow auto-rotate images when downloading from camera

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Wed Sep 1 11:07:35 BST 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 10:16 +0000, Tom Malfrere wrote:
> I'm posting this message here to know what other people think about
> this,
> so let me know and post a message back.

For info, I noticed that downloading the images from the stick rather
than from the camera was much faster. But I did not enquire further.
This can differ from a camera to another based on the USB interface. But
downloading using an USB2 stick reader is pretty fast.

Rotating the image can downgrade quality if the pixels are not square.

For raw images, Digikam rotates the preview and this suits me very well.
So I don't have to rotate the image and downgrade quality.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel