[Digikam-users] Re: 1.3 under LinuxMint

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at gmx.de
Sat Oct 16 18:08:07 BST 2010

Martin Senftleben wrote:
> Ok, thanks, I got the 4.5 stuff now, and Digikam starts up (1.3).
> However, all albums appear to be empty, even though images are all
> there. What can I do to fix that?

I'm using digiKam under openSUSE Linux and had a similar issue some time ago.

Earlier versions of digiKam seemed to create the database file by default in
~/Bilder (German name of ~/Pictures) whereas later DK versions seem to use
~/digikam by default.

In some DK 1.4.x version there was still a mismatch where the setup wizard
proposed one of those folders while the setup menu proposed thoe other one.

So maybe you simply need to open the setup dialog (German: Einstelliungen ->
digikam einrichten ...) and in the database settings select the correct path
where your digikam4.db file is located.

HTH,
Martin