[Digikam-users] Re: tags

Dan McDaniel dan at dm3.us
Fri Oct 1 16:55:14 BST 2010

On Fri 01.Oct.10 09:41, Sebastian Schubert wrote:
>On Freitag 01 Oktober 2010 07:35:39 Dan McDaniel wrote:
>> When I right-click on the tag list there is an option in the pop up
>> menu called "create tag from address book." If I accidentally mouse
>> over it Digikam pauses and then pulls up this huge list of addresses
>> from somewhere on my system. Where is it getting this list from? I
>> can't find anything under settings to configure this.
>
>I guess it's KAdressbook. For me it shows my contacts in it. To be
>honest, this is more annoying than helpful in my case....
>
>Cheers
>Sebastian

I found it. It's in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf. Apparently from some
time in the past when I experimented with KAddressbook. I agree that
it's annoying. Even if I wanted this feature it's not usable as it is. I
get this pop-up that fills the entire screen but there's no way to
scroll or move around in the list.

Perhaps a setting could be added to Digikam allowing the user to turn
this behavior off.

Dan