[Digikam-users] Re: digiKam and Kipi-plugins 1.5.0 released...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 11:06:44 GMT 2010

yes, i reported the problem to KDE windows team.

In fact, i can reproduce the problem to download KDE windows 4.4.4
packages (Mingw4 version) with KDE installer on a new computer secured
with Norton AV. I can see the same warning message.

I checked files with another AV as Avast, without any similar warning.

Other people have reported this error and checked with another AV
without any problem. Sound like only Norton report this error.

This want mean that my Win7 laptop (used to build the archive) do not
contain originally this suspected malware.

I'm also so surprised that GCC compiled file include malware.

The possible problem can be the computer used to generate KDE4 windows
packages...

Just to test : install kdebase4 package with windows installer from
KDE 4.4.4 release compiled with Mingw4 and look if knotify4.exe has
the same problem with Norton AV...

If it's reproducible, this confirm that official package includes
corrupted files. This problem must be reported to KDE-Windows team as
severe security issue for in-deep investigations...

Gilles Caulier