[Digikam-users] Is there really no easy way to select some images and export them?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon May 31 15:40:32 BST 2010

Further to my recent questions about Export etc. is it *really* as
difficult as it seems to select some images from an album (but not the
whole album) and export them somewhere?

It feels like this should be something easy to do that everyone would
want to do but it would seem not, am I in a minority of one for
wanting to do this?

For example I guite frequently I upload a 'chipful' of images into
digikam and place them in a temporary directory before sorting them
out into their final album resting place.  Family and friends then ask
"can we see the latest pictures of xyz please" and so I want to select
those pictures from the temporary area in digikam and export them -
not possible!  The only way to do it seems to be to create yet another
temporary album in digikam, copy the pictures to there and then export
them.

I love digikam in general but it has a few little quirks, the other
one for me being the inability to sort albums by date.

--
Chris Green