[Digikam-users] Versions in Digikam

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Wed Mar 17 19:24:43 GMT 2010

Hi Carsten,

On 03/17/2010 01:07 PM, Carsten Bessing wrote:
> As I understand it, Digikam doesn't do non destructive editing. And one
> thing I can't figure out from the manual is how to handle versions. From
> iPhoto I'm used to only seeing one version of each image. If I edit a raw
> file, iPhoto saves the edit as a jpg and only shows this jpg. But it keeps
> the raw file so that I can go back to that if I want.
>
> How do I do something similar in Digikam: Keep the original after an edit,
> but only show the edited version - if an edited version exists?

Both nondestructive editing, versioning and hiding RAWs if corresponding
JPGs exist are not available yet, but there are already wishlist reports
on bugs.kde.org (I don't have their IDs at the moment). I am not quite
up-to-date on whether somebody is really trying to get them implemented,
though.

See also the thread 'Organizing mode' which was on this mailinglist
these days, probably just before you subscribed to it ;-)

Michael