[Digikam-users] Shared collection

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sat Jun 5 18:54:57 BST 2010

Am Samstag, 5. Juni 2010 schrieb Emmanuel Lacour:
> On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 06:05:00PM +0200, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > In the given folder all members of the family group have access
> > to the files. The users have to add the collection to their
> > digikam of course.
> >
> > This is basically more an operating system problem than a digikam
> > one. What kind of OS are you using?
>
> The OS problem isn't one, I already know how to share directories
> and play with unix permissions or POSIX ACLs, I'm using Linux. The
> problem is the digikam DB. I used at most XMP to store meta-data,
> but digikam keep some things in it's DB. So how to share it?

If you want to share your whole collections, you can share your
digikam-DB as well, but this is not a way I can go, as I have some
collections of my own.

But I think photo relevant entries in the digikam-DB are in the XMP
metadata as well but not for raw files. I think this problem will be
solvable as soon as the exif sidecar files are available in digikam.
With this feature, digikam can detect a metadata change very easy.

Martin