[Digikam-users] Moving digiKam collection

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Thu Jan 7 11:25:04 GMT 2010

The main collection and database are both in C:\t\p\birds\bird photos.

The new collection is in P:\photos\birds. I copied the files there outside of digiKam then imported them.

I didn't time the import of the duplicated images, but it took a few hours. I was able to roughly track its progress by watching the database double in size, not something you could normally do.

A few random photos I checked have indeed inherited the tags and ratings of the original copies of the photos, an excellent result. So I guess all I need to do is disassociate the main collection with the original files, but that can wait a while.

I would love to upgrade to the released version, but I'm using KDE on Windows, and I can't work out how. I think I need to download the source and compile it, but haven't had any luck with that so far.

Sent using BlackBerry