[Digikam-users] Geolocation tab not working

Gerlando Lo Savio gerlosgm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:50:20 GMT 2010

Il giorno lun, 15/02/2010 alle 19.45 -0500, jim junk ha scritto:
> What your looking for is under IMAGE >GEOLOCATION>EDIT COORDINATES.
> This will open a window with Google Map that you can use to zoom to
> the location and once you click on the right location, in Google Map,
> you have a pin that you can transfer the lat-lon, of the pin, to the
> photo.
>
> You can then use the right panel geolocation tab to show you exactly
> were your photo was taken or the right panel map searches tab to find
> geolocated photos within the search rectangle.

Just tried on my system (I don't use geolocation at the moment), and I
was confused as Ross Mcdonald. I expected too that I could pick a point
on the map using the right tab. The feeling is that that feature don't
work on your system, and you don't think that you should look in the
geolocation menu.

Actually, we don't use the right tabs only to look at metadata, but we
use them also to set tags and comments, so it seems natural to expect
that you can change geolocation data from the right tab.
Please, change this behaviour.

regards
gerlos