[Digikam-users] Can't load camera as disk - final summary

Robert Zeller robert.zeller at robert-zeller.org
Wed Feb 10 08:40:29 GMT 2010

Michael,

thanks for this very interesting information. Since I am waiting for the
successor to the D300s as a replacement for my D200, I think we Nikon
users should try to exert some pressure upon Nikon such that they again
implement the mass storage feature along with the PTP option in the
camera firmware! Nonetheless I believe that the real problem lies in the
SuSE 11.2 implementation of handling PTP usb devices. Not only digikam
is effected by the Suse flaw: I used to use gtkam to directly control my
D200 from the PC, and that doesn't work either since 11.2 because it
relies on PTP.

Robert