[Digikam-users] Re: raw conversion

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 12:50:31 GMT 2010

RAW preview = JPEG image processed by camera.

It's not an image computed from RAW image data !

If JPEG sound better and look like you want, just shot in RAW + JPEG.

RAW must be processed by hand. Use RAW import from image editor.

There is also a way to process RAW in Batch Queue Manager. In this case RAW
decoding settings from digiKam config panel is used as well. It's not the
best workflow, because a config panel for RAW decoding + Raw post processing
must be available for each queue in BQM. It still in my TODO list.

But at least, it must work automatically to process RAW in batch.

Anyway, you have also, Batch Raw converter from kipi-plugins, without any
more options. When BQM RAW support will be fully implemented, this batch
tool from kipi will be disable in digiKam.

Best

Gilles Caulier