[Digikam-users] Digikam crashes in Ubuntu 10.04

Gerben Roest g.roest at grepit.nl
Wed Aug 25 22:28:09 BST 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 15:09:39 GMT, Chris G wrote:

> I suppose the other thing to try is to get rid of my digikam
> configuration files....

> No, still dies after removing *everything* I could find in my home
> directory related to Digikam.  However if I run as another user with a
> symbolic link to my pictures directory it works OK.

I also updated to Ubuntu 10.04 (from 8.04, 8,10, 9.04, 9.10) and got the
same crashes as my regular user, but not as a new test-user. I fixed it
by deleting .gconf/system. This directory didn't exist in the $HOME of
the test-user.

I hope this works for you too, but please backup this dir just in case.

Gerben