[Digikam-users] Can't reduce saturation of only 'Red'.

jag59 jldeshpande at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 14:29:01 BST 2010

In editor, with Color> Hue/Saturation/Lightness>Channel Red (in the drop-down
list), I can not reduce saturation of only 'Red' channel.This reduces
saturation of all channels in spite of selecting either Luminosity or Red or
Green or Blue in the drop-down list.
My Nikon D40 gives much saturated (red) skin in portrait mode.Is there any
way to achieve this?
Reducing level of red is not useful as we need to reduce only saturated
reds, not all reds in the image.
Reducing 'Temperature' in 'White Balance' overexposes the image,but seems
this is the only solution presently.
In many tools,selecting one among Luminosity,Red,Green or Blue from the
drop-down menu does not make any difference besides showing graph for that
color.

-----
Jagdeesh Deshpande.
Registered Linux user #492893