[Digikam-users] Digikam Windows binary download ?

stefan at binaervarianz.de stefan at binaervarianz.de
Mon Sep 28 13:47:30 BST 2009

> Forgive me for asking, but is there somewhere that I can download a pre
> compiled Digikam Windows binary ?

The is a 'kde-installer' by the kde-on-windows project, which pulls all the
kde libs from the net, compiles them and sets up an environment to run kde
apps.

If you put the installer in 'developer mode', you can search a list of
packages to install, of which one is digikam.
(Not the newest version of course.)

By the way, it didn't work for me, as a lot of the kde background processes
(dbus) refused to work properly on my vista
and digikam relies on them. But maybe you have more luck. But beware that
non-KDE-Linux Systems seem not to be the main
focus of development for digikam.

Please speak up if you find precompiled or even statically linked versions
for Windows or even Mac OS X.
I would really like to try them as well.

Regards,

Stefan