[Digikam-users] How do I set up Digikam for network access by multiple users ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 22:40:22 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 09:39 -0700, David Moran wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 4:13 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I want to store my images on a networked hard drive.  I want my wife to
> > be able to access them from her *cough* Windows XP *cough* computer and
> > me from my Fedora machine.  We don't need simultaneous access.
> >
> > How do set this up ?
> >
> > The reason I ask this question is because when I open Digikam->
> > Settings-> Configure Digikam -> Collections -> Database File Path, I see
> > "Note a remote file system, such as NFS, cannot be used here."
> >
> > Thanks

> Do you need access to the database file remotely as well? As in, does
> your wife use Digikam on her Windows machine?

My wife will need to access the db to tag images, etc.  I have had *our*
images set up on *my* computer for a long time and she is either using
my computer to access them (which peeves me off) or not getting access
when she wants (which peeves her off).

Last night I showed her how I moved the images from a regular file
system into Digikam and how she could view raw files even if I hadn't
converted them yet.   She was happy this was a step in the right
direction.  The next step is for her to have total access on her
laptop.