[Digikam-users] Color Patch Display

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Tue Sep 15 20:01:15 BST 2009

davidvincentjones píše v Ne 13. 09. 2009 v 09:38 -0700:
> Milan;
>
> The discrepancy appears to also show up in other editors (CinePaint for
> example).
>
> Can I assume that this is a result of differences in the display icc from
> sRGB standard that I use?

Turn of colour management and check the colours. If it is still wrong, I
guess the problem is not in the editor, screen profile, etc...

> If this is the display icc is there a way to work backwards and to use the
> screen vs data differences  to establish and correct calibration.
>
> How does one create a screen icc? Is it really that tough?
To have a proper display profile, one must use a special device - huey,
eye one display, etc... and the software.

Majority displays are designed to have gamut close to sRGB, use sRGB.icc
instead. The only problem is how "close" it actually is. You cannot tell
without the calibrating device.

Regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz