[Digikam-users] Multiple album roots - what's the point?

Anders Troberg anders.troberg at tekis.se
Fri Sep 4 11:30:11 BST 2009

Maybe you can't look at just one of them, but you should be able to separate them logically by making the hierarchy deeper. Example:

Instead of having:

Album_root_1/photofolder_1
Album_root_1/photofolder_2
Album_root_2/scanfolder_1
Album_root_2/scanfolder_2

you have:

Album_root_1/photos/photofolder_1
Album_root_1/photos/photofolder_2
Album_root_2/scans/scanfolder_1
Album_root_2/scans/scanfolder_2

That should put things in a nice hierarchy, somewhat like:

photos
  photofolder_1
  photofolder_2
scans
  scanfolder_1
  scanfolder_2

Is that close enough?

I've not tested this yet, so big disclaimer that I don't know for sure if it would give the desired result.