[Digikam-users] Export captions to Smugmug?

Tim Jenness tim.jenness at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:28:29 GMT 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Allan Dreyer Andersen <swoop at swoop.dk>wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm using DigiKam to organize all my pictures and share pictures with
> friends and family on my smugmug page. Export to Smugmug is easy done
> directly from Digikam but my comments (captions) aren't available on
> Smugmug.
>
> Any Smugmug users here on the list who know how to get captions visible
> on Smugmug? I'm insecure if it's a setting in Digikam or Smugmug.
>
> Thanks in advance and wish all a wonderful Sunday :-)

It all works for me so I'm guessing that you have not configured digikam to
write comments to the files themselves (tags and comments appear for me).
You should either turn on automatic synching or else "Write Metadata to
Images" on the album menu (that's the menu in digikam 1.0, not sure where it
is in older versions).

Tim