[Digikam-users] No thumbnails in album view - and crash

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri May 15 16:12:24 BST 2009

On Friday 15 May 2009 10:53:29, Sveinn í Felli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suspect this to be an OpenSuse problem, apparently
> courtesy of Novell Inc... lots of other broken things. A
> bunch of pages I googled mention Novell having changed the
> repository structure, making lots of core package updates
> "uninstallable".
>
> No hard evidence, just a feeling...
>
> Sveinn

This could be true. I just installed a new user to use that within my photo
course this weekend. Entering kde4.2 on openSuse 10.3 and starting digikam
showed no thumbnails. Tried to start kde-4-digikam from within kde 3.5 and it
crashed.

So, I'll have to use the old digikam 0.9.3, that of course will have problems
with files of newer cameras. Probably I'll have to use winXP in a
virtualbox....

Kde4 is really... well, if you like windows you'll love it, because its
useless, resource-consuming and loves to crash - welcome back windows 95, now
called kde4... Since all the develpement now goes into kde4, I guess my next
update will be a Mac and goodbye to linux... It's a shame.

Daniel
erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/