[Digikam-users] problem mirroring pics and database with rsync

Mark Alford alford at wuphys.wustl.edu
Thu May 14 18:25:16 BST 2009

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Markus Spring wrote:
> What you can do is set the 'identifier' field to a url-encoded path like this
> volumeid:?path=%2Fhome%2Fspringm%2FBilder
> where the field 'specificPath' has the value '/'

OK, that is an elegant solution in the current version of digikam.

I would like to suggest to the developers that they make digikam friendly to
people like us who mirror/synchronize their photo collections on different
computers. For example:

1) Allow the user to manipulate the volumeid and the specific path fields
from within digikam itself (under "Settings" presumably), so we can "help"
digikan to find our photos

2) Emit some kind of warning if the volumeid in the database can't be found
and even offer to change it to one of the existing volume ids.