[Digikam-users] RAW Brightness vs Curves

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon May 11 16:22:40 BST 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009 16:49:45 Leonardo Giordani wrote:

> Why does this happen? Is this an error of mine?

No. Difference between digiKam and other RAW applications as far as I
understand (and was able to observe while working) is that digiKam process
with minimum changes from itself. Other programs usually apply some default
curves, sharpening, etc. depending on: common sense, smart algorithms trying
to "understand" image, maintaining extensive databases on what should be done
to photo depending on camera model, firmware, lens.

Frugal handling of RAW data by digiKam can be seen as bug or feature depending
on your attitude.

Myself I think this is good - less magic wand is better. BUT: because it means
more work for photographer digiKam should provide tools to speed up workflow
later when making those corrections by hand. And this element is in
development.

> What about batch apply of Edit tools (like Curves) in 0.10.x or subsequent
> releases?

I hope this will be possible with Batch Queue Manager.

m.