[Digikam-users] RAW workflow and tags

Leonardo Giordani leonardo.giordani at treuropa.com
Fri May 8 09:23:56 BST 2009

Ok, I moved to digiKam for RAW processing.

It works, but:

1. I cannot see the live effet of a parameter change as in RAWstudio or UFraw
2. There is no histogram
3. It could be useful to add a color picker (to check white, for example)
4. There is no way to see what parameters are applied by "Automatic White
Balance": since sometimes I would only correct it, it could be useful to
perform automatic WB and than change to Manual while keeping the parameters
used for the Automatic. Same for Camera and D65 WB.
5. Preview of RAW conversion should be done in the marvellous two-face way as
any other image tool in digiKam, to enable the user to compare between the
RAW shot and the converted one.

I think they are probably  already been added in 0.10.x: where can I check
todo lists or detailed features of 0.10.x? (Waiting to migrate...)

Apart from this RAW processing in digiKam works very well! Thank you for
addessing me.

Another question:

I always considered 5 star classification as unuseful, but in the manual it is
exemplified as a way to distinguish between good shots and bad shots (ok, it
is straightforward, but it didn't occoured to me...). Do you use it that way?
How? I mean, do effetively rate your images with 5 levels or there is someone
that uses only a good/bad rating?

And moreover, what do you rate? RAW? TIFF?

I would like to understand more about this Batch Queue Manager
Mikolaj Machowski waht talking about in his first answer: where can I find
info about it? Just to avoid asking for features that are already
developed...

Thank you very much

Leonardo

--
Leonardo Giordani

Tele-Rilevamento Europa - T.R.E. s.r.l.
Sensing the planet
Via Vittoria Colonna, 7
20149 Milano - Italia
tel.: +39.02.4343.121
fax: +39.02.4343.1230
e-mail: leonardo.giordani (at) treuropa.com
web: www.treuropa.com