[Digikam-users] Canon icc files

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon May 4 12:00:12 BST 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009 11:16:21, davidvincentjones wrote:
> I recently moved to a Canon 50D camera and am trying to find the
> appropriate icc file for raw conversion.
> Canon provides with their software a lot of icc files but there is no
> indication which file set belongs to which camera.
>
> Since Canon provides different files for 'neutral', 'landscape' etc is
> there a way in DK to easily make such a switch?

Maybe these two links can help - they are about ufraw, but the info can be
used with any program:
http://maashoek.nl/color_profiles.html
http://staffwww.itn.liu.se/~karlu/div/howto/ufraw_with_canonSLR.php

Working with color profiles is quite tricky - I havn't tried a lot on linux
untill now (lack of time) and up to now I havn't really achieved satisfying
results...

hth

Daniel

erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com