[Digikam-users] Problems with database, missing images

Jaime Suarez jaime.suma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:38:59 GMT 2009

Amazingly fast answer! Thanks!!

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:35 PM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>wrote:

Sound like you run digiKam 0.9.x. Please start digiKam from a console and
> look all messages printed. Note that you need debug package installed if you
> use RPM/DEB package system, or compile with full-debug option (look README
> file)

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention:

Qt: 3.3.8b
KDE: 3.5.9
digiKam: 0.9.5-beta3

It's a Debian (testing) system. Let's see if you have enough with this
(repeated several times in the console):

QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
Warning: Makernote: Pointer to next IFD is out of bounds; ignored.

and ¿?

Error: Directory Iop with 8224 entries considered invalid; not read.

I installed the debug package but I don't know how to execute it, I went to
/usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/ and chmoded +x everything but it says
bash: ./digikam: cannot execute binary file

> Another problem is that I can't add new images to albums, the program
>> imports them (and you can see they are there with a file manager) but I
>> can't see them. Also some recent images were "lost" for the program.
>

> Which file system you use ?

It's Ext3.

Thank you again.