[Digikam-users] JPEG files missing in import dialog when shooting RAW+JPEG

Lars Hilgemann lars at chilichef.de
Tue Jun 23 20:24:24 BST 2009

Hi,

my camera is set to create a JPEG and a RAW version of each picture that
I shoot. When I plug the camera (or the SD-Card) into my PC and browse
the files using konqueror both file types are visible (e.g. img_123.jpg
and img_123.cr2). However, when importing the files in digikam only the
RAW file is found. (Note: if there are only jpegs in the folder they are
found and imported correctly.)

I have searched through all config options inside digikam, the digikam
documentation and googled the web but I have no clue how to tell digikam
to identify and import both file types. It looks like digikam has some
sort of internal setting that gives preference to the RAW file. Where
can I change this so that both file types are downloaded?

Thanks for your support
Lars

P.S.: This could also be a setting of the underlying gphoto2 but I have
not found a matching setting there either.