[Digikam-users] Some color management questions

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Sat Jun 13 13:27:06 BST 2009

Am Samstag, 13. Juni 2009 schrieb Gys van Zyl:
> I don't use the color management features of digiKam, so I can't give you
> any guidance there.  What you can do is to open one of his jpegs in Gimp
> and choose to convert to sRGB when Gimp prompts to do so.  You will then
> have a better idea of what your friend intended the photo to look like.

Hy Gys,

I tried gimp. Showing image properties in gimp it tells me that the color
profile is Adobe RGB 1998. If I activate Colormanagement and say that gimp
should use the system profile for my screen, then  colors are shown different.
Saturation is higher and there is more red in the photo. So this looks better.

So I guess I have to activate colormanagement in digikam as well. I set
display and working profile to sRGB. But if I open an photo in imageeditor
which I also use to take a detailed look at photos, it wants to convert the
photos colorspace (just by loading it), but I just want to look at it but not
change it, just the way it works in gimp. Any idea how?

Thanks
Rainer

--
Rainer Krienke, Uni Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, A22, Universitaetsstrasse  1
56070 Koblenz, http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke, Tel: +49261287 1312