[Digikam-users] denoise in RAW editor

Jacek Poplawski jacekpoplawski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 20:25:31 GMT 2009

I was trying to follow suggestion from my previous thread and I tried
to use RAW editor in Digikam.

Could you give me some tips how to denoise my photo in it?
There are few different sliders, I tried to move them then click "Try"
but was never able to denoise anything, the resulting photo looks
similar or worse to original.
And it works very slow after each click.
In ufraw I just have one slider, I move it and I see the result - clear photo.

Oh and one more question - when I change white balance, then I made
denoise, then I apply another efffect - will I lose quality or am I
still working on same original RAW file, like in ufraw?

Where can I read about this editor?

--
Free Software - find interesting programs and change them
NetHack - meet interesting creatures, kill them and eat their bodies