[Digikam-users] Non-RAW NEF support

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sat Dec 26 18:27:52 GMT 2009

It's not really depend of Nikon camera but CaptureNX, but I don't know if
similar situation can happened with other RAW format, especially when
there's an ability to save with a non destructive manner the treatments
made on any image file.

In fact, NEF files generated from the start in RAW format are correctly
supported as true as Digikam access rightly to the RAW data when editing
and show the last modified version made by CaptureNX as preview.

This way of work is just the ability to make modification on a photos from
JPG file or Tiff file with, keeping in only one file the original picture
and all the work made on it as parameters (modification will be computed
in realtime in CaptureNX). I think it's a great thing, and very usefull,
because the starting picture will be never alter.

And for the rest, I think Nikon made anyway good camera ;)

For open the file should I open it on digiKam bugs and wishes or on
digiKamImagePlugins bugs and wishes on the site bugs.kde.org ?

Thanks

Nicolas