[Digikam-users] Building a better raw conversion tool for digiKam ?

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Wed Dec 23 23:35:22 GMT 2009

Le Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:40:34 +0100, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> a
écrit:

> On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 13:34 -0700, Linuxguy123 wrote:
>> This thread is a continuation of the "How do you generate good quality
>> jpegs from raws, quickly, automatically ?" thread I started earlier
>> today.
>>
>> I was surprised to hear just about everyone reply that it was not
>> possible to get jpegs from raws that rivaled the jpg embedded in the raw
>> without a lot of manual tweaking.
>>
>> I am interested in improving the raw conversion tool in digiKam.
>
> A lot of linux users seem to think that ufraw is about the best.
>
> Some people appear to be running DPP using WINE.
>
> http://photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00UV22
>
> What if we wrote a raw converter plugin that allowed users to call their
> favorite command line raw converter ?  Make it generic enough that
> people could use the converters that Nikon, Canon, etc. all ship ?

I would be tempted to say : manufacturer software have an access to all
the technical data about process use to create RAW files, so it should be
easier to get what you want to shoot with their.

But if you speak about DPP don't forget (I think ?) it only managed RAW
 from Canon camera.

Personally, I don't think the perfect tool exist.

--
Nicolas Boulesteix - Chasseur de lueurs - http://www.photonoxx.fr