[Digikam-users] How do you generate good quality jpegs from raws quickly, automatically ?

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Wed Dec 23 22:41:48 GMT 2009

Am Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2009 schrieb Linuxguy123:
> On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 22:03 +0100, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > I have done (once again) a test to get almost the same result
> > from raw
> > as I had as jpeg. With the standard ICC canon file as input I
> > have to change saturation in ufraw to 1.5 and I get almost the
> > same result (besides raw file is much crisper).
>
> Please share how you obtained and used the ICC file.  I suspect
>  that is the key to getting a raw converter to give us in camera
>  like results.

It is not that hard to do. All the ICC files are packed in the DPP
installation file. Once you have extracted this files (most likely by
installation) you have to pick the right one. Sadly Canon choosed to
name the files by numbers which do not match any logic relation to the
camera model name. But there are web sites out there which bring these
relation i.e.
http://blog.maashoek.nl/2007/07/icc-color-profiles-for-canon-cameras/

But these files can only give you a approximate profile. Best is to
buy a IT8 target (about 10-20 Euro) and take a photo of it under
cloudy daylight. With this picture (and the famous argyllcms) you can
create a exact ICC profile of your camera.

Martin