[Digikam-users] Printers with full Color Management

davidvincentjones davidvj at verizon.net
Sat Aug 29 16:51:45 BST 2009

Milan;

Yes, the basic drivers available (CUPS et all) do work in getting the data
off the computer and into the printer .... but color management really is
the problem.

I am using the HPLIP/CUPS driver that has no adjustment for the various
papers and trying to get the screen image to correctly be represented on
paper is a very hit and miss experience. The Color Management > Soft Proof
configuration in digiKam (at least using Windows ICCs) does not appear to be
having any effect .. at least with my printer.

I would be interested to know what others do to feel comfortable with this
problem.

David