[Digikam-users] just an idea - what do you think?

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu Apr 16 15:16:00 BST 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 09:53:46 Gilles Caulier wrote:

> But RAW import topic is important for me.
>
> Do you use Raw Import tool for digiKam image editor ? With it, you can
> set-up a lots of adjustments during demosaicing and as
> post-processing.

Main difference between digiKam RAW import and other tools is complete lack of
defaults - or to be more precise - defaults are completely neutral. It means
that to properly develop most RAWs user has to make many, many adjustments.
And here we hit scope of Daniels wish: every time big RAW is reprocessed which
can take much time. For example Raw Therapee is able to work on previews and
process in background or later in queue which makes this program much more
comfortable to work with many files.

Also lack of white point probe can be frustrating.

m.