[Digikam-users] How to re-tag ?

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Mon Apr 6 06:08:46 BST 2009

Hi

> 1) I have tagged my pictures. I have directories
> Now I have changed my mind and want to move the entire sub-tree "Family"
> into the "People" sub-tree, to obtain
>
> I can change this in the menu to the left by drag-and-drop but how do I
> best have these changes in all the pictures ? Do I select all and then do
> the drag-and-drop ? How can I select all ?

You can copy, rename, and move around your tags in the tags list, without
selecting pictures/albums. To write back these changes in the tag structure to
the image files, do "synchronize all images with database". These changes will
affect all pictures in your collection.

> 2) I'm still using 0.9.3 but thinking of upgrading to 0.10. Is there
> anything I should do or think about, like deleting any hidden directories,
> rename current files or similar. Can I just start 0.10 and point at the
> current working directory

As far as I know, you can just point digikam 0.10 to the directory and start.
Maybe it's a good idea to save a copy of your 0.9 database in case something
goes wrong.

Gandalf