[Digikam-users] Raw Conversion Speed

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 11:36:46 BST 2009

2009/4/4 davidvincentjones <davidvj at verizon.net>:

> With my older version of Digikam I was quite content to do the raw
> extraction, color adjustment and save all in DK. It was all very convenient.
> However DK 0.11.0 appears to be much slower during raw extraction ... I
> decided to make a quick comparison with my 15 mp. raw data sets with color
> management turned on..:
> Digikam ...... Open-File/ Import /Save (using presets) took 2.5 minutes (on
> my rather slow machine)
> UFraw ........ Open-File /Save (also using presets) slightly less than 1
> minute.
>
> Is this simply a problem with code under development? This is a massive
> difference.

You cannot compare digiKam and UFRaw like this...

- Which RAW file format ?
- Which libraw/libkdcraw you use (go to Help/components info for details).
- Which settings you use for Raw demosaicing ? Do you use Noise
reduction for ex which use a lots of CPU ?
- Do you use Raw import tool for editor ?

Here i cannot see any difference between digiKam 0.9.5 and 0.10.0 with
my Minolta Raw files (i shot always in raw).