[Digikam-users] Pictures Limit ?

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Fri Apr 3 11:28:35 BST 2009

We have no limit from the digikam side, but SQLite might run out of
performance at some collection size.
I have a testcollection with randomly generated images (mostly fractals) to
test some issues with digikam. This collection has 120.000 images in it and
digikam still runs smooth. Only algorithms that operate over the whole
collection are not usable with this collection size (like find duplicates),
but SQLite and digikam itself still run very smooth.
There might be a limit, but this depends heavily on your hardware. But this is
true for every software out there...

Andi