[Digikam-users] How to change text size in toolbars, sidebar, etc.?

David Talmage talmage at acm.org
Sun Nov 30 16:54:36 GMT 2008

Chris G wrote:
> How can you change the text size in the toolbars, sidebars, etc.?
> If it's a KDE setting then I need to know what KDE configuration
> utility to run please, I don't run a KDE desktop.

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago.  Like you, I use Digikam but
not KDE.  After sharpening my Google-fu, I found this today:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1082543

which led me to change my ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals file to include
font settings in the "General" section:

[General]
fixed=Monospace,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
font=Sans Serif,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
menuFont=Sans Serif,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
taskbarFont=Sans Serif,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
toolBarFont=Sans Serif,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0

These settings work on the 10-inch display of my netbook.  I can now see
all of Digikam's beautiful user interface without plugging in an
external monitor.

FWIW, I also change the Gnome font settings to use subpixel smoothing
and full hinting.  I don't know if that's important or not.