[Digikam-users] windows build compiler error

Gary Pajer gary.pajer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 12:10:24 GMT 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2008/11/23 Gary Pajer <gary.pajer at gmail.com>
>
>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com
>> > wrote:

>>> Here :
>>>
>>> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/MinGW5.1.4ok
>>>
>>> You will find a 7zip archive of my MinGw 5.1.4 which run like a charm.
>>> Just uncompress it and overwrite you current MinGW folder.
>>>
>>> Gilles
>>>

>> Thank you!
>> automoc compiles and installs without error.
>>
>> Next step:  libkdcraw (etc.)
>> I got myself to ...\kdegraphics and executed .\bootstrap, and things seem
>> to go well.
>> I don't know where to go next.
>> "make" doesn't work (finds no instructions) if started in any of the
>> following directories:  ...\kdegraphics,  ...\kdegraphics\libs, or
>> ...\kdegraphics\libs\libkdcraw.
>>
>> I've tried running .\bootstrap from ...\kdegraphics\libs\libkdcraw, and it
>> fails looking for FindLCMS.cmake.    I think I am not understanding which
>> directories I should be doing what in.
>>
>> 1.  Which directory/directories should I execute .\bootstrap in?
>> 2.  Once that is done, in which directories should I make / make install?
>>
>> Thanks very much,
>> gary
>>

> bootstrap script must be executed on the root folder of source code:
>
> For libkdcraw/libkexiv2/likipi, you extract kdegraphics repository and you
> run script in kdegraphics dir, not libs, not libkdcraw, etc... Why ? because
> there are some important directive for cmake included on file CMakeLists.txt
>

> For digiKam and kipi-plugins, it's the same. You extract extragear/graphics
> and you run bootstrap script in graphics dir...
>

> Gilles Caulier

Thanks yet again for your help, patience, and software.

I now have a working digiKam 0.10.0-beta6 on WinXP !

There were a few more glitches along the way:  make couldn't find my perl.
I don't remember if the KDE installer installs perl.  If so, it might have
not played nice with my existing perl.  Or perhaps my existing perl was just
too old.  In any even, I uninstalled/reinstalled perl, and the problem went
away.

Then part way through the compile,  Windows went batty.  Lots of system
errors and compiler errors. Memory leak?  Reboot, continue.   No further
problems.

digikam seems to be working fine, although it is a bit sluggish.  I have to
wait a couple of seconds after clicking anything.

Regards and thanks again,
gary