[Digikam-users] digikam metadata

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 05:26:57 GMT 2008

2008/3/19, Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>:
> Dnia Wednesday 19 of March 2008, Jan Falkenhagen napisał:
>
> > hi, i wonder what happened to the xmp-metadata integration in digikam.
>  > There were a few mailing-list entries dating from august to October that
>  > some work was done on that topic.
>  >
>  > They even claimed that exiv2 0.16 has to be out before functionality
>  > could be integrated. Well this exiv2 version is in Fedora 8, but as far
>  > as I can see there is no xmp-support yet.
>

> XMP will be supported in 0.10 version of digiKam. Not sure about
>  official release data but should be around KDE 4.1 - July.

With 0.10.0 release, Xmp support is fully implemented. 0.10.0 will be
next major version of digiKam dedicated for KDE4. It will include a
lots of major changes.

in 0.10.0, XMP support is fully tested, but the rest of the
application still in developement : do not use it in production yet.

Relase plan is availalble on digikam.org web site :

http://www.digikam.org/?q=about/releaseplan

Note : there is no plan to backport XMP support in KDE3 branch (0.9.x release)

Few screenshots in action :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/MetadataEditor/
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/FullColorThemeSupport/

Best