[Digikam-users] how to NOT embed tag hierarchy in IPTC?

Lawrence Plug ljp at dal.ca
Thu Jul 31 20:47:54 BST 2008

When sending an image to agencies and stock, I need only the
individual tags, not the whole tag hierarchy, to be the IPTC
keyword.

For example, if i select only toronto, ontario, and canada in this
hierarchy:

places/canada/ontario/toronto

.. I want 'toronto', 'ontario', and 'canada' to appear as
individual IPTC keywords.

Is there currently a way to do this??

If not, I'll enter a feature request. When I use digikam now, a
lot of editing of IPTC keywords outside digikam is required
before submitting images. I could abandon hierarchical tags in
digikam, but I don't want to do that as they are useful for
organization.

Thanks
Lawrence