[Digikam-users] Timeline question, plus first impressions of 0.9.3 - delighted!

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 20:47:12 GMT 2008

2008/1/20, elle stone <jrle1 at twcny.rr.com>:

> Hi, all.  I am new to Linux and new to digikam.  I just spent the last two
> days trying to (and finally succeeding in) installing digikam 0.9.3 from
> source on ubuntu gutsy.  My "ubuntu" installation is not gnome, but rather
> minimal command line install with icewm as my "desktop" and other stuff
> added as needed/wanted.
>
> First impressions, I am absolutely delighted with digikam.

Thanks. It always fine to see good report from users.

 In the world of
> windows I've trialed a great many image management programs and image
> editing programs.  I was looking to use digikam to rate and label images
> and
> input initial iptc data.  But I read through the documentation and was
> really impressed with the editing capabilities.  Now I haven't actually
> edited any pictures yet! but I played around - very clean interface - love
> the curves - I wish photoshop's curve adjustment were that nice.  And your
> various noise and focus algorithms, pretty sophisticated stuff.  Images
> load
> up very quickly, look sharp on the monitor.  The layout of the main window
> is very clean and useable.  I getting the feeling that there's some really
> good, good programmers working on digikam.
>
> So here is my timeline question/comment:  First, I love the timeline.

The Date view available in 0.9.3, is not a Time-Line. It's a Calendar.

In next release (0.9.4), i have add a new Date Search tool based on a
Time-Line widget. Look full description in my recent blog entry here ;

http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/290

Regards