[Digikam-users] can't handle png-files

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Jan 14 07:19:35 GMT 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Gilles Caulier wrote:

>  Am Sonntag, 13. Januar 2008 12:15:07 schrieb Uwe Haider:
[...]
> > A digikam-png converted to jpg,

This png is one which was generated in the download
from the camera, right?
How did you convert it?

> opened in gimp, saved as png again ->
> > voilà:
> > digikam can open this png.
[...]
> Something must be wrong with converting while downloading from the cams.
>
> no. if you post convert from JPG to PNG in gimp, problem become from gimp
> not digiKam...

If I understood Uwe correctly, he
  converts images, while downloading from the camera, on-the-fly
  within digikam.
  These images are not displayed correctly in digikam.

Uwe, could you sent Gilles (and me) off-list a png
which fails to display?

Best, Arnd