[Digikam-users] Digikam startup hangs

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Wed Jan 9 09:26:10 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm running digikam-0.9.3 on kde-3.5.8 on FreeBSD 7.0-RC1.
If I launch digikam via

  truss digikam (which is like strace digikam on linux), it works

If I launch digikam the first time I start X, it works.
But if I quit digikam and launch it again, I get only the splash screen and
digikam stop doing anything after "Found dcraw version: 8.81".

ps says digikam is in Idle state and top says it is in the sbwait state.
gam_server (comming from the gamin-0.1.9 port) is also in the sbwait state.
If I kill gam_server, digikam resumes its normal operations.

So may there be some kind of dead lock issue with these two ?
What can I do, since gamin is a digikam dependency ?

Thanks.

--
Thomas Hummel