[Digikam-users] Odp: Search GUI (was Re: (no subject))

Piotr Tarnowski piotr_tarnowski at wp.pl
Sun Jan 6 11:36:56 GMT 2008

Graham,

I often use command line, but I cannot agree this is central idea of
Linux way ... For me Linux is efficiency and freedom of choice. When I
have to switch from GUI to CLI because GUI cut-off some feature or when
I have to click 1000 times to get result which is possible with one
sentence this smells like Windows.

I think digiKam could follow the (probably PERL) rule: simple things and
easy to do, complex are possible. If people can build digiKam from
sources (and many do) they probably will not worry about some extended
features like more powerful search.

Hope that settings check or context menu switch for more powerful search
features could be accepted by all of us.

Regards,
Piotr Tarnowsi