[Digikam-users] svn: crash when opening editor

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Feb 25 15:53:38 GMT 2008

So, something more I found out...:

kdegraphics3 depends on libexiv2. If I just install libexiv2 (without
kdegraphics3) svn digikam runs. If I install kdegraphics3 digikam crashes.

Now I de-install libexiv2 but leaving kde3graphics installed (ignoring
dependencies), digikam runs...

So, it is a game between kdegraphics3 and libexiv2 that makes digikam crash.
Each of the libraries alone is ok, but together not...

Next I installed exiv2-0.16 from tar into /usr. That doesn't disturb digikam.
But now konqueror, gwenview etc. are missing libexiv2.so.0, because I now
have libexiv2.so.2.

So I guess I'll have to uninstall exiv2-0.16 and reinstall suse's libexiv2
0.15-8.2 again, which will crash digikam but leave me a running system...

Anyway I wonder why the svn installed in home looks
after /usr/lib/libexiv2.so.0 (as in the backtrace of the crash)...

kind regards

Daniel